Re: [TeXmacs] Change lists level.

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Change lists level.
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 11:01:42 +0100 (CET)

> That's easy. You should start TeXmacs writing: texmacs --version:
¡Yes!, it says:

antonio@guadalinex:~$ texmacs --version

TeXmacs version 1.0.2
(c) 1999-2003 by Joris van der Hoeven

> You can download the most update version in <http://www.texmacs.org>.

> The newer versions are a lot better! Is there any reason why you
> cannotsimply
> upgrade it?

> I first suggest to upgrade to a recent version of TeXmacs.

I use Guadalinex, a linux system based on Debian, and I only use apt-get, or
synaptic, and I obtain the version that comes in the Debian package. I'm new
in linux, and I can't do anything better, and I think that, probably, there
is not a better way to install a program in Linux.

> To know the English translation of menu entries, icons, etc. click on the
> world
> icon and then select Británico. Alternately Edit -> Preferencias -> Idioma
> ->
> Británico.

¡Yes!, I remember now that I have do it time ago to put it in spanish. Sorry.
I think anyway that everybody understood me.

> please check that all other M- based shortcuts do workwith your mapping of
> Caps Lock to Meta.
Yes, it works.

> I suggest you to put it in your~/.TeXmacs/progs/my-init-texmacs.scm rather
> than/usr/share/texmacs/TeXmacs/progs/init-texmacs.scm
I did (in a root terminal):

guadalinex:/home/antonio# cd /
guadalinex:/# find -name *texmacs.scm
find: ./proc/943/fd: No existe el fichero o el directorio
./usr/share/texmacs/TeXmacs/progs/init-texmacs.scm
guadalinex:/#

and you can see the result (my-init-texmacs.scm doesn't exist). Also, How can
I get the "~" character?. By now, I only copy and paste it.

> Notice also that the structural variants do not change the level ofthe
> itemization, but rather change the type of itemize (bullets,dashes, arrows,
> etc.). There is no keyboard shortcut to changethe level of an itemize.
Then, I was in a mistake.

> On the other hand, you may always selectpart of an itemize and start a new
> itemize (level down).Similarly, A-backspace removes the
> innermost-environment,which can be taken to be an itemize (level up).
This was wat I needed. I didn't find it in the documentation. "A-backspace"
is the solution.

But my problem does not end here, because, however this works to change the
list level, I obtain a extrange behaiviour when I have lists in a table. I
will describe it:
I have a 7 (columns) x 3 (rows) table and I have in the 2,3 cell a two level
list with Itemize->dashes (the first level) and Itemize->bullets (the second
level). In the cell just at the bootom of that, I begin a list with
Itemize->dashes, and I obtain a list whit an extra left margin compared with
the first level list in the above cell. It seems like a second level, and I
wanted a first level. That's wy I posted that cuestion first. But now, if I
use A-backspace, it does not reach the same left margin that the first level
list in the above cell. It reaches less left margin, and the dash is
subtituted by an asterisc.
What is happenig?. Can anybody help me?.

Thank you very much again, and
greetengs from Málaga, Spain.

Antonio Serrano