Re: [TeXmacs] Changing from section to sub-section , and thesis writing

  • From: Corey Sweeney <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Changing from section to sub-section , and thesis writing
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 13:57:52 -0600

> Bonus question : do some people in the list have written Thesis with
> texmacs, do they have difficulties with it ?

I'm writing a large document in TeXmacs, it's at 100 pages already and
TeXmacs has no problem with it.

I've been able to do lots of cool things. The only downsides I
personally have run into are:

* cut and paste does not work when cutting in TeXmacs and pasting in
mozilla (or most X programs). It's a pain to have to save it, then
load it in a xterm, then cut it and paste the string into google mail.

* occasional segfaults (i just learned to save often, and it autosaves
all the time anyway. If i used a differnt version this would
probably go away, but dont' know for sure since i don't really care
that much about this one at the moment)

* you don't know anyone in rl that knows TeXmacs, and therefore can't
chat about it when you get ideas for wierd things to do. (for
example, my "filemanager macro" in which I was trying to make a
TeXmacs macro that would let a document act like the nautilus
filemanager. :)

The upside is that it's very flexible, and there is a *lot* documented
in the manual. And joris is always here :)

Good luck

  • Re: [TeXmacs] Changing from section to sub-section , and thesis writing, Corey Sweeney, 01/02/2005