Slow PDF output

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Slow PDF output
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:30:55 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

Great software, many thanks to the developers.

I need help with the following problem. I just exported the full texmacs user
manual to a PDF document as it took horrendous amounts of time to load all
the necessary fonts for the tm file. But my question is: would it take the
same amount of time every time i open some new document in texmacs or is it
just the first time phenomenon.

Also, i have an interesting observation concerning the behavior of the
_exported PDF_ file. It may sound a bit silly but the resulting document,
though looked fine, is slow in 'showing up' when you move from one page to
the next.

It doesn't have to do with hardware specs. as i *simultaneously* opened
another large PDF file ('The Not so Short Introduction to LaTeX2e', 145 pages
long, but slightly larger in size compared to texmacs manual - 2.27 Mb vs.
1.49 Mb) and it displays in a picture-perfect fashion where you can hop from
one point in the document to another without having to wait for it to load
itself.

Can someone think of an explanation for this? I am running texmacs 1.0.4 on
Cygwin/Windows XP & using Adobe Reader 6.0...

Farooq