About cygwin packages

  • From: Nachiketa Sahoo <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: About cygwin packages
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:15:22 -0500

The "Installing TeXmacs under Cygwin" page says,

"If, for some reason, you do not want to perform a complete
installation, then you should make sure that you install at least the
following packages: gcc, make, tetex, tetex-devel, texmf,
XFree86-base, XFree86-prog, ghostscript-x11 and all Guile packages
(guile, guile-devel, guile-doc, libguile12 and libguile14)."

I guess we need to add other tetex packages to the list too. Also, I
don't see texmf in the cygwin repository. Before adding all tetex
packages, I was getting *segmentation fault* when I tried updating the
bibliography. Error was "could not find plain.bst file".

There is a TexMacs package in cygwin. When you select it, it pulls
some other tetex packages as dependency, once you have those
dependency installed (one may unselect the texmacs package in the
cygwin setup window, if texmacs is installed manually) the error goes
away.

-Nachi

  • About cygwin packages, Nachiketa Sahoo, 01/10/2005