Bibliography

  • From: John P Daigle <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Bibliography
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 03:46:59 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I am somewhat new to X-Windows, BibTeX, TeXmacs, LaTex, etc. I have read all of the FAQ's and solved a lot of the basic installation problems, found the libraries, etc. So now I am running TeXmacs under X11 under Mac OS 10.3.

My problem is that I cannot seem to get my bibliography to work. I have a test bibtex file that looks like this:

@Article{backus1998,
author = {J. Backus},
title = {The History of Fortran I, II, & III},
journal = {Annals of the History of Computing},
year = {1998},
OPTkey = {},
OPTvolume = {20},
OPTnumber = {4},
OPTpages = {68-78},
OPTmonth = {Oct-Dec},
OPTnote = {},
OPTannote = {}
}

I save this file, lets call it testbib.bib, in the same file as testbib.tm, a TeXmacs file.

In the .tm file, I type a section of text and then insert a cite, which looks like this: <cite|backus1998>

I then use Text -> Automatic -> bibliography and ask it to use style: plain, file:testbib.bib.

It inserts a bibliography tag, I update the bibliography, and nothing happens. No bibliography. This is what the LaTex file looks like:

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

This is article text right here.{\cite{backus1998}}

\bibliographystyle{plain} \bibliography{testbib.bib}

\end{document}

I've tried various levels of path descriptions for the .bib file, and so far nothing works. Help?