Re: [TeXmacs] Changing from section to sub-section , and thesis writing

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Changing from section to sub-section , and thesis writing
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:57:30 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 address@hidden wrote:
> I have written some text with section title and now i want to make all of
> them sub-section (and sub-section 6> sub-sub-section ...), is there an
> easy way t do this ? (ex: selecting the text to change and saying, one
> level deeper)

Unfortunately not (this should become part of structured search and
replace in the future).

> How can i change one section title? I have tried to select it and to do
> Texte->Sous-section but it creates a new sub-section instead of changing
> the section to sub-section.

Try the structural variant key "C-tab" and its inverse "S-C-tab".

Notice also that there is a fast way to search for section titles:
1) Create an empty section title in a dummy buffer.
2) Select it and do "Edit -> Copy to -> Search".
3) Hitting "C-s C-s" will now search for section titles.

Finally, you have another way for quickly going from a section title to
the next one: "C-s C-right" (inverse: "C-s C-left"). This is not useful
for your original replace question, but may help you in other cases.
Notice that the trick works for *any* kind of environment (theorems,
equations, etc.).

Best wishes, Joris

  • Re: [TeXmacs] Changing from section to sub-section , and thesis writing, Joris van der Hoeven, 02/20/2005