Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs plugin to clone Scientific Word

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Nicolas Ratier <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs plugin to clone Scientific Word
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:07:52 +0100 (CET)

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for this very useful contribution. We may discuss it further at
the end of march, when the basic scheme API should have been improved.
That should allow you to also simulate the computational actions from
Scientific Word (I actually planned to have such a functionality in
TeXmacs since years, and in a better way than SW; we may discuss that too).
I will also look at the issue of plug-in provided icons.
Please remind me all this by the end of march if I forget.

Best wishes, Joris

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Nicolas Ratier wrote:
> I propose a plugins to clone Scientific Word icons
> from TeXmacs. The plugin is far to be finished, but
> it can be usefull from now. As you will see if you
> use it ... Of course any help to finish it is welcome.
> (See problems listed below)
>
> For the moment texmacs menus and icons are not full
> custumizable, the main set of icon and menu can only
> be modified, but we can not recreate a full new one.
> By exemple make texmacs icon exacly look like Maple
> program icons when we are inside a Maple session.
>
> So my plugins installation is not fully satisfactory
> because I use "User provided icons" to set sciword
> icons. It will be changed as soon as the texmacs
> way to manage icon and menu will be improved.
>
> Nicolas

> Installation:
> Download sciword.tar.gz at www.lpmo.edu/~ratier
> Decompress it in ~/.TeXmacs/plugins
> Copy all the xpm icons
> from ~/.TeXmacs/plugins/sciword/pixmaps
> to ~/.TeXmacs/misc/pixmaps
> In TeXmacs main menu: View -> User provided icons

> How to help:
>
> Problem 1:
> ----------
> The following symbol from package "amssymb"
> doesn't exist in teXmacs. They appear in
> sciword icon as name.
>
> Solution1:
> ----------
> Include these symbols in teXmacs !! (Please Joris ...)
>
> $\Join$
> $\risingdotseq$
> $\varpropto$
> $\bowtie$
> $\fallingdotseq$
> $\vartriangle$
> $\smallsmile$
> $\smallfrown$
> $\bigstar$
> $\doteq$
>
> $\nshortmid$
> $\ntrianglerighteq$
> $\ntrianglelefteq$
>
> $\leadsto$
> $\dashrightarrow$
> $\dashleftarrow$
>
> $\blacktriangle$
> $\diagup$
> $\Vert$
> $\diagdown$
> $\smallint$
> $\surd$
>
> Problem2:
> ---------
> Custumize the scheme command (symbol "<xxx>") so that it write directly
> the mathematical symbol <xxx> in math mode and an equation $<xxx>$ in
> text mode. This behavior correspond to the one of Scientific Word.
>
> Problem3:
> ---------
> What is the command to write accentuated letter from scheme file? Send me a
> example and I can complete the menu : "Latin-1" and "Latin Extended-A".
> (see directory Sciword Screenshot to see what all these menus look like)
>
> Problem4:
> ---------
> How to send scheme command to write fraction, radical, superscript,
> [...]

  • Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs plugin to clone Scientific Word, Joris van der Hoeven, 02/20/2005