Howto: Bibliography using pybliography and pyblink

  • From: Bas Spitters <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Howto: Bibliography using pybliography and pyblink
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:29:41 +0100

Hello,

As promised, here's a small piece of text.
Joris: If you want to you can put this somewhere in the documentation or FAQ.

Howto: Bibliography using pybliographic and pyblink

This is a simple way to make texmacs work with graphical user interfaces for
bibliography. I have tested it with pybliographic.

INSTALLATION:
Install pybliographic.
Download pyblink
Before installing it, in the file pyblink.py modify the line:
, '[%s]' % clip_data
into
, '<cite|%s>' % clip_data

Then follow the usual installation instructions:
./configure && make && make install

USAGE:
Start texmacs, pybliographic and pyblink.
Select a reference in pybliographic.
Choose Cite->cite
In TeXmacs choose "paste as texmacs".

OTHER TOOLS:
This method is supposed to work with any graphical user interface for
bibliography supporting the lyx-pipe. I have only tested it with
pybliographic. Other tools supporting the lyx-pipe: tkbibtex and jabref.

Please let me know whether there are better solutions.

Bas