Re: [TeXmacs] boxes around equations?

  • From: Javier Arántegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] boxes around equations?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:18:54 +0100

El Lunes, 21 de Febrero de 2005 20:43, Kris Kuhlman escribió:
> I was wanting to put boxes around some of the key equations in my text
> (not the whole width of the page, if possible). Looking at the user's
> guide, I don't see anything, but the "framed" blocks of text and code in
> the manual are kind of what I am looking for. Looking around on the
> web, it appears this isn't too easy to do in LaTeX, either.
>
> Is there a way to do this?

Yes, it is. A short howto:

1. Type the equation.
2. Select all the equation
3. Click on the icon 'Insert a table'
4. Select 'Plain block'

Done. Obviously you can use a different type of table or different border:

5. Click on the icon 'Change border of cell'
6. Click on 'Border...'
7. Type '3ln' and press enter

Maybe there is an esier way but this is the way I do it.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
http://www.tecal.udl.es