applications under TeXmacs

  • From: michael graffam <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: applications under TeXmacs
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:10:52 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

I've been working on the TeXmacs interface to Common
Lisp (CMUCL and CLISP implementations are supported).
This interface consists of a bit of glue to make CL
and TeXmacs talk via the prompt strings of the
interpreters, and a CL package of tools for emitting
TeXmacs code, generating postscript plots, etc is
being developed.

One of the things I'm currently adding is the ability
to easily create TeXmacs menus and such from CL. In
principle, CL could wipe out the TeXmacs menu-bar and
use TeXmacs as a GUI for some other application which
uses TeXmacs for high-quality typeset I/O.

I think this would be a drastic intrusion though. I am
thinking of putting a sandbox around CL, and forcing
menus created by CL to be under a TeXmacs submenu
called Lisp.

How does everyone feel about this? Should applications
hijack the TeXmacs interface, or just add to it?