[TeXmacs] TeXmacs plugin for (Al)DraTex

  • From: Nicolas Ratier <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs plugin for (Al)DraTex
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:54:12 +0100

I made a TeXmacs plugins for DraTex.sty and AlDraTex.sty
LaTeX packages. These two packages can be found in
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/systems.html
I already included them in the distribution of the plugin.

They provide high-level drawing facilities to draw :

+ Pie Charts
+ XY Charts
+ Bar Charts
+ Spread Diagrams
+ Grid Diadrams

The plugin "dratex.tar.gz" is available on my poor web site:
http://www.lpmo.edu/~ratier/
To use it, just decompress it in ~/.TeXmacs/plugins/
and restart TeXmacs. I gave some examples how to use it.
The author of DraTex and AlDraTex wrote a book (1994)
(ISBN : 0-07-911616-7) about these packages. It should
be out of print now.

I mainly use this plugin to draw binary tree, as an exemple,
the following code drawn a nice tree. The code can be very easily
written by hand or generated automatically.

\Draw
\Tree()(
2,$*$ //
0,$\exp U_1$ & 2,$*$ //
0,$\exp U_2$ & 2,$*$ //
0,$\exp U_3$ & 2,$*$ //
0,$\exp U_4$ & 0,$\exp U_5$ //)
\EndDraw

I hope that this plugin will be usefull for you too.
Nicolas Ratier