Re: [TeXmacs] Tutorial on TeXmacs-maxima interface

  • From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • To: Nachiketa Sahoo <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Tutorial on TeXmacs-maxima interface
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 09:44:47 +0700 (NOVST)

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Nachiketa Sahoo wrote:
> Just one question. Where do I get the 1.0.5 version of Texmacs, that
> you have mentioned in the tutorial. It seems that the latest is still
> 1.0.4.7.
I should have explained this better :-(

This tutorial describes new features of the TeXmacs-maxima interface which
were introduced very recently. The main purpose is to serve as a
documentation for users of the next stable releases, TeXmacs-1.0.5 and
maxima-5.9.2. Neither is available at the moment; but when they will
appear (soon), they will be with us for quite some time, and the tutorial
will be relevant.

If you want to try this stuff now, you should use TeXmacs-1.0.4.7 (which
appeared recently; it includes this improved maxima interface) and the
current (or recent) cvs maxima. This is what you can see at one of the
screenshots: the menu for launching maxima says 5.9.1.1cvs.

Sorry for misunderstanding, this was my fault.

Best wishes,
Andrey