Re: [TeXmacs] indenting first paragraph

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Kris Kuhlman <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] indenting first paragraph
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:09:37 +0200

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 08:51:58AM -0700, Kris Kuhlman wrote:
> Thanks, I tried different combinations of changing the two macros, and
> it seems that only the <section-normal> macro affected the indentation
> of the first paragraphs. The section, subsection and subsubsection
> titles are now indented too, but I guess that is fine.

Otherwise, you should modify the "section-title", "subsection-title", etc.
macros which are based on either section-normal or section-centered.

> I was trying to figure out if I could stop the titles from being
> indented too by defining a new macro <section-normal-no-indent>, which
> is a copy of <section-normal> (but without the indenting), and use that
> in the <section-normal-bold> which seems to be called by the
> <section-title> macros in the section-book.ts style file. This seemed
> to make no difference.
>
> I guess I shouldn't be playing around with these files, if I don't
> really know what is going on... Thanks, though.

The right way to go is to write your own style package which
customizes the macros you want to change. All this is well described in

Help -> Writing your own style files

As to the customization of sectional markup, see

Help -> Reference guide -> Standard TeXmacs styles -> section 5

Best wishes, Joris