Re: [TeXmacs] Dot in Descripton-long?

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Dot in Descripton-long?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:27:23 +0200

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 07:21:17AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> always when I use a <description-long> list I got a dot behind every item.
> Why?
> And how can I disable/remove this dot? I tried to find it in
> the packages/*.ts files but I couldn't find the place where the dot is
> defined.

Well, you did not search very well ;^)

When typing "F1 description-long", you get the help file
std-list-export.en.tm. You may read there that description-long
is defined in the package std-list.

You may load std-list by typing "C-x C-f std-list.ts return".
In recent versions, you may clear the default input using "C-backspace".

At the end of std-list.ts, you find the definition of description-long.
By changing long-compact-strong-dot-item into long-compact-strong-item
and defining the long-compact-strong-item macro in a similar way
as long-compact-strong-dot-item without the dot, you now obtain
what you want. Of course it is recommended that you do this in
a personal style package.

Best wishes, Joris

  • Dot in Descripton-long?, marten . bauer, 06/22/2005
    • Re: [TeXmacs] Dot in Descripton-long?, Joris van der Hoeven, 06/25/2005