typing an arbitrary symbol from some font

  • From: "Kostas Oikonomou" <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: typing an arbitrary symbol from some font
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:11:52 -0400

Is it possible in TeXmacs to type from the keyboard an arbitrary symbol of
some
particular font? For example, by specifying its character code in decimal,
octal, etc?

My specific problem is that I use CM fonts, and I want to type the "section"
symbol (\S in TeX)
while in text mode. This symbol is available in the "cmsy" font, but not in
"cmr", the normal text
font. I know it is also available in the "ecrm" font. So knowing how to "switch" to
either "cmsy" or
"ecrm" would solve my problem.

I have tried C-q, but I don't understand its details completely.

Kostas

  • typing an arbitrary symbol from some font, Kostas Oikonomou, 06/26/2005