Re: [TeXmacs] export problem in 1.0.5.9 version with graphic drawing

  • From: Nachiketa Sahoo <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: TeXmacs Users List <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] export problem in 1.0.5.9 version with graphic drawing
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:07:04 -0400

> Is the output above from TeXmacs, or from your Pdf reader ?
>
> In other words, did you export to .pdf, and then discovered
> that the .pdf is unreadable, or is it the export itself
> that fails inside TeXmacs ?

It's from TeXmacs. I exported to pdf. Discovered that the pdf is just
of 12KB size and unreadable using adobe acrobat reader 7 on windows
XP. Thought lets see what error TeXmacs threw and looked at the
console from where I ran TeXmacs to find the above error.

> I tried the export of your document under Linux, and
> everything went fine. So it seems that either it is
> a problem of your software for reading .pdf / .ps,
> or either it is a TeXmacs problem that is specific
> to the Windows version of TeXmacs :-(.

I guess it could be something with the envioronment in which I have it
installed, i.e., cygwin.

> I have this problem too, on my Linux version. I stripped &
> minimized it, and I discovered that in the file attached
> to this email, which is made of :
>
> a) a graphics containing a text box ;
>
> b) the string "a" ;
>
> c) the string "A<bot>", in math mode ;
>
> , the postscript export is corrupted. But if :
>
> a') I remove the text box (and I replace it by other
> graphical objects, but not a text-at) ;
>
> OR
>
> b') I remove the "a" ;
>
> OR
>
> c') I remove the "<bot>" ;
>
> then everything works fine.
>
> Do you observe the same behaviour on your machine
> under Windows XP ?

I have not tried this much. Did you mean you did a' b' and c' on the
ps file or on the tm file in a text editor?

> So it seems that in fact, you discovered two different bugs
> related to the graphics : the first one with the diagram
> in your section 2.1., which doesn't appear at all on my
> machine under Linux.
>
> And the other one on the page 7 of your document, which
> also exists on my machine under Linux, and reveals a
> bug that stems from a strange interaction between the
> graphical text boxes and the typesetting of mathematics.
>
> Congratulations ! You are a powerful bug hunter :-) ! We
> will have to correct them, now :-(...

Hehe, the least I can do is to ask the developers to fix a problem I
am facing ;)

Thanks for replying.

Nachi