specifying "channel:prompt" in plugin gets data sent to input channel

  • From: Yann Dirson <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: specifying "channel:prompt" in plugin gets data sent to input channel
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:21:01 +0200

I remembered reading about an error channel some day, so I had a try
at it. Afterwards I looked up te doc to find out it is mentionned as
"to be implemented in the future", but the resulting effect is quite
strange, so I suspect it may have been partially implememented after
all.

What happens is that if I send text to channel:error, it gets
displayed as red output as expected, but the 1st time that channel is
used by the plugin, the text also gets stuffed into channel:input.
Further outputs to the error channel gets only displayed in red.

If an example is needed, this is exhibited by v0.3 of the asymptote
plugin[1] (although I commented out the 2 calls to the error channel),
with both 1.0.5.9 and 1.0.5.10.

[1] to be soon at http://ydirson.free.fr/soft/texmacs/

Best regards,
--
Yann Dirson <address@hidden> |
Debian-related: <address@hidden> | Support Debian GNU/Linux:
| Freedom, Power, Stability, Gratis
http://ydirson.free.fr/ | Check <http://www.debian.org/>

  • specifying "channel:prompt" in plugin gets data sent to input channel, Yann Dirson, 10/16/2005