pdf bookmarks

  • From: Jim Hourihan <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: pdf bookmarks
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:11:39 -0800

Hi, I just started using TeXmacs -- I'm looking into writing a technical
manual. It looks like a fantastic program.

Amoung the many questions I have is this: Is there a way to have TeXmacs
generate bookmarks in PDF to that the table of contents is navigatable by a
pdf reader?

I tried making a document of "book" style and exporting to latex in order
to use hyperref. However, probably due to my limited knowledge of latex, I
was unable to compile the TeXmacs output -- latex complained of "Undefined
Control Sequences" etc. Ideally, I would not export to latex.

I'm using TeXmacs on OS X with tetex installed (version 1.0.5), I'm also
using it on Red Hat 9 installed from an rpm (version 1.0.6). Thanks for any
help.

-Jim

  • pdf bookmarks, Jim Hourihan, 12/14/2005