Re: [TeXmacs] Buffers

  • From: "Thomas Wojcik" <address@hidden>
  • To: "Javier Arantegui" <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Buffers
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 23:59:27 +0100

Hi,
I agree with you Javier that this notion of buffer is a little bit confusing. For example "Revert buffer" should perhaps be renamed to "Reload file" (it only works if the file was previously saved). But more generally most programs are using "New/Open/Save/Close/Exit" menu items and there is really no reason to precise if we are talking about buffers, files or documents. I tried to customized my texmacs just to see by adding the following lines in the english-british.scm (and setting the british language in preferences):

("open a new buffer" "new")
("open new window" "new in separate window")
("clone window" "new window")
("save buffer" "save")
("save buffer as" "save as")
("close TeXmacs" "exit")
("close buffer" "close")
("load" "open")
("load buffer" "open")
("load in new window" "open in separate window")
("new buffer" "new")
("save buffer" "save")
("save buffer as" "save as")
("revert" "Reload")
("revert buffer" "Reload")
("open a new buffer" "new")
("save this buffer" "save")
("load a file" "load")

You can see the result in joined swt (wink generated !) .

Thomas

----- Original Message ----- From: "Javier Arantegui" <address@hidden>