\mathop \hbar

  • From: "richard.tweed" <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: \mathop \hbar
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:53:57 +0100

Hello,

I migrated from LaTeX to TeXmaX some years ago, but I probably still use the latter rather incorrecly, having learned it by the "click and see what happens" method.

I have still not discovered how to reproduce the construct \mathop{\longrightarrow} _ {x \rightarow \infty} ^ {D \prime} which gives a much nicer appearance than does using \stackrel or the stack option by mouse in Texmacs.

Nor have I discovered how to obtain the character \hbar, essential for quantum physics!

I would also like to find a way of getting the symbol sometimes used (in France at least) for the distribution which is a sum over integer n of Dirac distributions \delta (x-n) (peigne de Dirac). It looks like a comb : in Latex my best attempts have been \lfloor | \rightfloor or \lfloor \perp \rightfloor.

Thanks in advance for any help on these questions.

Best wishes for the coming year,

Richard Tweed

  • \mathop \hbar, richard.tweed, 01/12/2006