Support for writing structured proofs

  • From: Karl Hegbloom <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Support for writing structured proofs
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:12:24 -0800

I'm taking an introductory Group Theory course this term, and will be
writing a lot of proofs. I've not done many in the past, and so am
searching for things to read on the subject. I came across this:

http://research.microsoft.com/users/lamport/proofs/proofs.html

... article by Leslie Lamport (of LaTeX), entitled "How to Write a
Proof", which explains a method of proof writing based on hierarchical
structuring.

I wonder if others have heard of this, and have used that format? It
would be cool to have explicit support for this in TeXmacs at some
point, if it turns out to be something people would like to use.

I'm almost ready to begin learning to use the Coq proof assistant...

--
Karl Hegbloom <address@hidden>

  • Support for writing structured proofs, Karl Hegbloom, 01/15/2006