Re: [TeXmacs] linear logic symbols

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] linear logic symbols
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:23:57 +0100

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 01:18:12PM +0100, Tom Hirschowitz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sorry in advance for the newbie question (I am not at all familiar
> with the handling of fonts).
>
> I am attempting for the first time to use texmacs, and I need the
> symbols of linear logic. In latex I use Emmanuel Beffara's package
> here
>
> http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~beffara/soft/
>
> The files are installed in my texmf, and in latex, everything works
> fine (teTeX under debian). The package consists in .pfb files, plus
> .mf files, plus a .sty file.
>
> Now, after searching the archive for hints, I tried several ways, but
> I am probably too far from understanding to succeed. In order to give
> you an idea, my last attempt consisted of finding all the occurrences
> of "wasy" and copying the corresponding action with "cmll" instead of
> "wasy", which didn't work. In conjunction with that, I also tried the
> following:
>
> - add a file cmll.enc in fonts/enc/, containing:
>
> 13 "parr" "shpos" "shneg" "shift" "coh" "scoh" "incoh" "sincoh"
> "bigwith" "bigparr" "with" "oc" "wn"
>
> - add the following in format-math-menu.scm (waiting for a better
> icon...)
>
> (=> (balloon (icon "tm_frak.xpm")
> "Insert a cmll character")
> (tile 13 (link cmll-menu))
> ---
> ("use the CMLL font" (make-with "math-font" "CMLL")))
>
> - add the following in math-menu.scm
>
> (menu-bind cmll-menu
> (symbol "<parr>")
> (symbol "<shpos>")
> (symbol "<shneg>")
> (symbol "<shift>")
> (symbol "<coh>")
> (symbol "<scoh>")
> (symbol "<incoh>")
> (symbol "<sincoh>")
> (symbol "<bigwith>")
> (symbol "<bigparr>")
> (symbol "<with>")
> (symbol "<oc>")
> (symbol "<wn>"))
>
> This displays the expected menus correctly, but the characters are not
> found.
>
> Strangely enough, the '\' character in math mode displays '"' and does not
> work.
>
> What did I do wrong? Or, even better, what should I do?
>
> Sorry again, bye.

You should also define the corresponding characters in the file

TeXmacs/fonts/virtual/misc.vfn

As soon as it works, you can send me a patch and I will include
the extra characters in the next distribution.

Best wishes, Joris

  • linear logic symbols, Tom Hirschowitz, 01/16/2006
    • Re: [TeXmacs] linear logic symbols, Joris van der Hoeven, 01/16/2006