linear logic symbols

  • From: Tom Hirschowitz <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: linear logic symbols
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:18:12 +0100

Hi all,

Sorry in advance for the newbie question (I am not at all familiar
with the handling of fonts).

I am attempting for the first time to use texmacs, and I need the
symbols of linear logic. In latex I use Emmanuel Beffara's package
here

http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~beffara/soft/

The files are installed in my texmf, and in latex, everything works
fine (teTeX under debian). The package consists in .pfb files, plus
.mf files, plus a .sty file.

Now, after searching the archive for hints, I tried several ways, but
I am probably too far from understanding to succeed. In order to give
you an idea, my last attempt consisted of finding all the occurrences
of "wasy" and copying the corresponding action with "cmll" instead of
"wasy", which didn't work. In conjunction with that, I also tried the
following:

- add a file cmll.enc in fonts/enc/, containing:

13 "parr" "shpos" "shneg" "shift" "coh" "scoh" "incoh" "sincoh"
"bigwith" "bigparr" "with" "oc" "wn"

- add the following in format-math-menu.scm (waiting for a better
icon...)

(=> (balloon (icon "tm_frak.xpm")
"Insert a cmll character")
(tile 13 (link cmll-menu))
---
("use the CMLL font" (make-with "math-font" "CMLL")))

- add the following in math-menu.scm

(menu-bind cmll-menu
(symbol "<parr>")
(symbol "<shpos>")
(symbol "<shneg>")
(symbol "<shift>")
(symbol "<coh>")
(symbol "<scoh>")
(symbol "<incoh>")
(symbol "<sincoh>")
(symbol "<bigwith>")
(symbol "<bigparr>")
(symbol "<with>")
(symbol "<oc>")
(symbol "<wn>"))

This displays the expected menus correctly, but the characters are not
found.

Strangely enough, the '\' character in math mode displays '"' and does not
work.

What did I do wrong? Or, even better, what should I do?

Sorry again, bye.