installing new fonts (garamond)

  • From: Pedro Sanchez <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: installing new fonts (garamond)
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 21:48:37 +0100

This is a very particular case of a question I've had a long time.
I'm a big fan of Garamond, ut such font is not included on texmacs.

I have linotype.com cds with both PFB files and TTF files. They are
installed on windows. Now I'd like to use them on texmacs. I know the
PFB are the ones I will need, but as far as I know, I would also need
.tm files

Is there a document where I can read how to get the .tm from the .pfb?

and.. is there actually documentation of how to add new type1 fotns to
texmacs?
I checked the documentation and only I could see was tech stuff about
the implementation of font selection, but tnothing on how to add new
fonts.

any help would be appreciated.