macros, passing paramaters to with, and using includes

  • From: "Corey Sweeney" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: macros, passing paramaters to with, and using includes
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 02:27:43 -0600

I tried this:

<assign|include-with-intro|<\macro|filename|intro>
  <\with|intro-text|intro>
    <include|/home/corey/sql-queries.tm>
  </with>
</macro>>

However, the parameter "intro" in <with|intro-text|intro|... refuses to become a paramater from the macro (i.e. brown and italicized), and becomes the literal text "intro".  Usually it happens automatically when I hit tab.  Is there a way to force this to happen?

I did try this first:
<assign|include-with-intro|<\macro|filename|intro-text>
  <include|/home/corey/sql-queries.tm>
</macro>>

But then the included file believed that intro-text was not defined at all.

What I'm trying to do is to pass a introductory paragraph to a included file, while still leaving the introductory paragraph editable in the master document.  So for example I would call with:

<include-with-intro|sql-queries.tm|introduction: SQL is a horrible language because it violates the tupple calculus.  However we still use it in this document anyway.>

and then sql-queries has a
<value|intro-text>
in it after the title.

By making it a macro, then I'm hopeing to be able to edit the introductory text in GUI mode, without having to go find some invisible assign statement.  The rest of the included doc would not be editable,

(the same sql-queries.tm file gets included in differnt documents, each which would like to have a differnt introductary paragraph.

Corey
--
((lambda (y) (y y)) (lambda (y) (y y)))