Re: [TeXmacs] overlapping lines

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] overlapping lines
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:40:38 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

Hello!

I don't see the rendering error in your test file, but I do see it, if I
delete the three dots at the end of the last line.

I can now see it myself as well.

Thank you very much, this bug reveals a tiny problem in the
details of the typesetting algorithm (precisely the kind of
tiny details that are very difficult to guess in the first
place without an example case in hand).

With the very precise test file we have now, the people in
charge of maintaining this part of TeXmacs have now everything
they need to spot precisely the problem.

In the meantime, it seems that the bug is strongly related
to the number of words in the line below your "beta belongs
to N prime" mathematical text.

Therefore, a work around this bug would be to add the appropriate
number of invisible "words" in the end of the last line of the paragraph.
I just tried, you can do this using Insert->Table->Plain tabular, which
inserts a 1x1 table without visible borders. By means of inserting several
such tables at the end of the last line of the paragraph, one can make the
rendering error disappear (and reappear, if one keeps adding other ones).

Hope it helps,

Henri