Re: [TeXmacs] Look and Feel preference reverts to Emacs after restart

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Nachiketa Sahoo <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs Users List <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Look and Feel preference reverts to Emacs after restart
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 16:05:10 +0200

Nachiketa Sahoo wrote:

Hi all,

When I set my look and feel preference to Windows and restart TeXmacs
I get the windows look and feel the next time. But, after that when I
close and open TeXmacs again, it reverts to Emacs. Is this a known
bug? Is there any way around this?

I am using TeXmacs 1.0.6 on Gentoo Linux.

I just tried, I don't get this bug myself (I'm
running on SuSE 9.2). It seems it is an unknown
bug, but for this one, I wonder what the cause
could be. If you had said that you were running
on one of the usual distros, I would have said
that this kind of thing could happen when there
are --several-- TeXmacs installed : typically,
similar problems happened to me when a default
install of TeXmacs exists on the computer,
and when I install a new one from the CVS,
then I use it, and then at some point, I
start the old one, and I'm baffled because
it reverts back to a completely default
configuration, because of the old version
starting to install itself in the .TeXmacs
directory, replacing the new one.

To summarize, I would say : the only known
"bug" similar to what you describe stems
from multiple TeXmacs installs...