Re: Re: Smooth fonts in PDF (in Windows)

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Re: Smooth fonts in PDF (in Windows)
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 18:46:40 +0200 (CEST)

>> I notice that when I zoom in a few times in an exported PDF file
>> letters and math symbols are not smooth but rather granular. This
>> doesn't happen to me when I typeset a latex documents with MiKTeX.
>> Does anybody have any suggestions?
>>
>> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> In recent Linux versions of TeXmacs, most fonts are now Type 1.
> However, WinTeXmacs has not been resynchronized since a while,
> so you have to manually select Type 1 (or TrueType) fonts in
>
> File -> Page setup -> Font type

As other users have noticed, unfortunately, this doesn't seem to
work, at least not for everyone. I really wish it worked! My
only (bad) workaround is to export to LaTeX, generate DVI, and then
run dvipfm on the result.

Is there any way of generating DVI from WinTeXmacs? I would guess no,
so I would humbly wish for a resynchronization of WinTeXmacs.
Any chances for that in the near future?

BTW, thanks a lot for all the work you are doing on the system.
I have found it extremely helpful and valuable!

Martin

  • Re: Re: Smooth fonts in PDF (in Windows), from . texmacs-users, 05/29/2006