Re: [TeXmacs] Bug in the conversion

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Luca <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Bug in the conversion
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 16:04:10 +0200

Luca wrote:

Hi Henri, just 2 comments:
1) regarding the graphics package
I just tested yesterdays the graphic package to see if I could reproduce the little plot I made in Xfig directly inside texmacs.
But I still have the slowness problem.
It is slow when I start to move the mouse, if I move it at constant speed then the cursor starts to follow after a while.
So it is very difficult to place it in a precise way.
If there is some test you want me to do to track where the slowness come from I am very happy to help.

The slowness stems from the fact that your machine
is more than 2 years old, or something like that,
isn't it ?

For solving this problem, we really need to
profile TeXmacs much more than in the past,
and do the tests on an old machine. That's
what I plan to do, at some point.

2) Problem with figures:
Would it be possible to implement as a default some class of filter through programs like eps2eps in order to "purify" and "certify" images before inserting them into a Texmacs document?
I.e. I would like to link figure.eps
The purified image
could be produced through (as you suggests) eps2eps figure.eps figure_t.eps
The obtained image could have a slightly different name.... i.e. figure.eps --> figure_t.eps (so we prevent accidental damage of the original figure).
The obtained file i.e. figure_t.eps is the image that is linked in the Texmacs document.
In case the purification fails there could be a warning in the status bar saying that the image is linked in an insecure way (the original image is linked) and that this could create problems when printing.

In this way one could only include "certified" graphics inside Texmacs in a secure way and include all others with warnings...
What do you think about this?

This "filter" idea is a quite good one, and it should not
be very difficult to implement. I will think about that.