Newbie-questions

  • From: Søren Højsgaard <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Newbie-questions
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:56:41 +0200

Just starting using TeXmacs on Windows. Mainly want it for computer algebra
for the moment. A few questions:

- Say I start writing some text. Then I start a mathsession with Axiom and do
something. Then I want to leave hta mathsession and return to, say, writing
some more text. I can't figure out how to "leave" the mathsession.

- Can I combine latex-math with "wysiwyg"-math? I.e. can I write $\int
f(x)dx$ and then have that converted (on the fly) to something that looks
nice? I have a Danish computer, and I am trying to locate the "^" sign.

- I've defined that my HOME variable is c:\home\shd. Nonetheless, texmacs
creats a .TeXmacs directory in
C:\Documents and Settings\shd.DJF\.TeXmacs which is not where I want it
because I have two different accounts on my laptop and I would like to use
the same settings for texmacs for both accounts.

- When I install Texmacs I get the message that "no plugin path can be found"
and texmacs kindly offers to create them, which I accept. I'm just slightly
curious about what it is I am accepting...

Can anyone help on these (presumably trivial) questions? Thanks in advance
Søren Højsgaard