Re: [TeXmacs] progress channel for CAS sessions

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] progress channel for CAS sessions
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:49:32 +0200

Hi Kasper,

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 11:40:43AM +0200, Kasper Peeters wrote:
> The manual mentions that there are plans to add a "status" channel for
> communication between a CAS and TeXmacs. I am very interested in such
> a thing, especially if it would enable me to display progress
> information during long calculations.
>
> What is the current status of this plan?

During the next few months, I won't be programming much on TeXmacs,
but I will keep this isssue in mind as soon as I will return to
improvements in the CAS interface mechanism. You may also try to
make the necessary changes yourself in

src/Data/Convert/Generic/input.cpp

Basically, as said in a previous message on this list,
the nesting in the TeXmacs protocol only works well
for the generic format. It would be good to make it work
at least for changes of channels in all formats.
In that case, you may use as many channels as you want
in an asynchronous manner.

Best wishes, Joris