can texmacs be made dependent on texlive

  • From: Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: can texmacs be made dependent on texlive
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:25:54 -0400

This is probably a debian specific question. But I was not sure whether to
ask
in the debian-user or texmacs-users list. Let me know if this is the wrong
place.

In debian Etch, texmacs depends on tetex-base, tetex-bin, tetex-extra
packages. However this makes it impossible for texmacs to coexist with
texlive on Debian.

For example if I do

$sudo apt-get install texlive

it wants to remove texmacs. So I am wondering how tough it is to change the
dependencies so that they do not conflict with texlive. I can file a wishlist
bug against texmacs if you think that would be of any help.

thanks
raju

--
http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/cornell-bazaar
http://groups.google.com/group/cornell-bazaar/about

  • can texmacs be made dependent on texlive, Kamaraju Kusumanchi, 08/30/2006