Re: [TeXmacs] automatically number one of table entries

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] automatically number one of table entries
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:36:10 +0200

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

Let's say I insert a table using Insert -> Table -> Plain block and say this table has 3 columns. I want the left most column to automagically display a number corresponding to the number of the row. How can I do this? If texmacs cannot do this, could this implemented in the future versions (I can file a bug if the experts think that would be a good feature).

It is definitely possible to implement a Scheme macro to
do this (by means of counting sub-chunks of the appropriate
macro chunk above the current cursor position).

More info about these kinds of things will come in the
next months, because one of the planned tasks for this
year is documenting Scheme programming in TeXmacs. I
will keep this question in mind & try to implement this
in between, along with some explanation of the code.