Re: [TeXmacs] Tables

  • From: Bob Lounsbury <address@hidden>
  • To: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Tables
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:08:49 -0600

On Sep 28, 2006, at 2:22 AM, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 10:38:04AM -0600, Bob Lounsbury wrote:

On Sep 26, 2006, at 2:09 AM, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 02:16:41PM -0600, Bob Lounsbury wrote:
Is there some way of having the 'Table #. Heading' on top of the
table instead of the bottom?

Sure, it suffices to redefine the

render-small-figure
render-big-figure

macros from env-float.ts somewhere in your preamble,
by swapping the caption and the figure/table in the definition.

I've been messing around with the render-big-figure with no success.
Swapping the caption and the <figure-name|name.. definition only puts
the caption ahead of the Figure name, but does not change the
location of a figure. The figure will still be placed on top of the
caption.

You must be doing something wrong: swapping the cell with the figure "fig"
and the long cell with the caption "cap" should work.

Also, I only want this to change Table captions not Figure captions.

That is not straightforward; you will have to rewrite a separate
macro for tables in that case, or make the render-small-figure
macro conditional, or locally change render-small-figure inside
the table macros.

Best wishes, Joris

Joris,

I'm still trying to get captions above tables. Here's what I've done.

1) I copied the render-big-figure from env.float.ts into my document preamble
2) Swapped the cap and fig in the cell definitions of the render-big- figure

Still no luck. I did this in the append-figure-test.tm file I just sent you, so here is that same file again but with the render-big- figure in the preamble.

Thanks,
Bob Lounsbury