Re: [TeXmacs] Tables

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Tables
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:22:11 +0200

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 10:38:04AM -0600, Bob Lounsbury wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2006, at 2:09 AM, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 02:16:41PM -0600, Bob Lounsbury wrote:
> >>Is there some way of having the 'Table #. Heading' on top of the
> >>table instead of the bottom?
> >
> >Sure, it suffices to redefine the
> >
> > render-small-figure
> > render-big-figure
> >
> >macros from env-float.ts somewhere in your preamble,
> >by swapping the caption and the figure/table in the definition.
>
> I've been messing around with the render-big-figure with no success.
> Swapping the caption and the <figure-name|name.. definition only puts
> the caption ahead of the Figure name, but does not change the
> location of a figure. The figure will still be placed on top of the
> caption.

You must be doing something wrong: swapping the cell with the figure "fig"
and the long cell with the caption "cap" should work.

> Also, I only want this to change Table captions not Figure captions.

That is not straightforward; you will have to rewrite a separate
macro for tables in that case, or make the render-small-figure
macro conditional, or locally change render-small-figure inside
the table macros.

Best wishes, Joris