Re: [TeXmacs] Defining new colors?

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Geoffrey Alan Washburn <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Defining new colors?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:20:24 +0100

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 11:01:44AM -0500, Geoffrey Alan Washburn wrote:

> Another question concerning plug-in development: What is the correct way
> to define new colors? The menus and button bar seem to rely on a
> variable called "texmacs-colors", however changing that would
> necessitate changing the default TeXmacs code which would be annoying to
> deal with for upgrades etc. Or can I use Scheme's imperative features
> to simply redefine "texmacs-colors" in my own startup scripts? Thanks!

The formats #rgb and #rrggbb with hexadecimals for r, g and b are understood.
However, TeXmacs currently only uses about 4096 colours (historical
inheritance);
this should be changed during this year (we're reshaping the low-level
rendering part).

Best wishes, Joris

  • Defining new colors?, Geoffrey Alan Washburn, 01/29/2007
    • Re: [TeXmacs] Defining new colors?, Joris van der Hoeven, 01/30/2007