Re: [TeXmacs] Please Urgent Help: I'm having problems printing mythesis for Monday morning

  • From: Norbert Nemec <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Please Urgent Help: I'm having problems printing mythesis for Monday morning
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 21:30:00 +0200

Henri Lesourd wrote:
> Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:
>> I have tried with many editors but they seem to change accented
>> characters on my TeXmacs doc.
>>
> No comprendo ;-(...

A common problem using text-editors on .tm files: texmacs writes files
in Cork T1 encoding (to be exact in context-dependent encoding but de
facto Cork T1). Depending on the editor, non-ASCII characters may be
converted to anything in the process of opening and saving the file.

One safe editor under Linux is, for example, mcedit from the midnight
commander. It may not show non-ASCII characters correctly, but at least
it saves them the same way as it read them in.