Reccurrent bug in with TLS data in the static version

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Reccurrent bug in with TLS data in the static version
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:09:47 +0200

When running the static version of TeXmacs (1.0.6.11) on Ubuntu, and
when we try to use (gethostbyname), TeXmacs crashes, and we obtain :
[[
cannot handle file 'libc.so.6' with TLS data
]]

The version of the Guile embedded inside TeXmacs's binary is 1.6.4,
although the Guile version doesnt seem to be related to the cause of
this problem.

Has somebody a little bit more clue about this problem (and how
we could solve it) ? All the more because it appears it is not limited
to the recent builds of Ubuntu, it's quite likely that we see it in the
latest OpenSuSE distros as well.

Best, Henri

  • Reccurrent bug in with TLS data in the static version, Henri Lesourd, 10/19/2007