Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs File Type

  • From: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs File Type
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:42:50 +0100

Hello,

El Lunes, 29 de Octubre de 2007, Karl Winterling escribió:
> Hi. I know that this may be more of a general UNIX/KDE related question,
> but how do I get TeXmacs to open .tm files when I click on them without
> having it open all plain text documents? Is it possible to define a new
> MIME type or something? I am using Kubuntu 7.10 (so Dolphin is my default
> file manager).

This should be easy. Please, keep in mind that I'm using KDE in Spanish and
some translations could be wrong, but they shouldn't be much different. My
distro is Kubuntu 7.04. I think that if you configure correctly Konqueror,
the change will be refected on Dolphin too.

Open Konqueror and go to the Menu Preferences -> Configure Konqueror. There,
in File associations press the button Add. As Group I used 'Text' and as Type
name 'TeXmacs'. Then you need only to fill all the required data. In Kubuntu
7.04, the icons are in /usr/share/texmacs/TeXmacs/misc/pixmaps/. The
extension of TeXmacs files is *.tm. Use your favourite description. Finally
you need to select the application to open the documents.

And that's all.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es