Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs File Type

  • From: Robert Jerrard <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs File Type
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:02:28 -0600

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 19:42 -0700, Karl Winterling wrote:
> Hi. I know that this may be more of a general UNIX/KDE related question,
> but
> how do I get TeXmacs to open .tm files when I click on them without having
> it
> open all plain text documents? Is it possible to define a new MIME type or
> something? I am using Kubuntu 7.10 (so Dolphin is my default file manager).

I have not used Dolphin but have you right-clicked on a .tm file when in
the file browser? In Ubuntu with Gnome and nautilus a right-click gives
a dialog with an Open With tab that allows you to select the default
application. Once that has been chosen once all .tm files behave that
way.

HTH, Bob
--
Dr. Robert J. Jerrard, Professor of Mathematics,
Concordia University College of Alberta,