Specifying Headers

  • From: Tom Reinhardt <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Specifying Headers
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:14:30 -0500

I am a MacTeX new user, but have used TeX and LaTeX for some time. I've
also used Kile, Lyx, and other variant front-ends ... for what that's
worth.

I am running TeXMacs on ubuntu Feisty and I like TeXMacs from what I've
seen thus far. I primarily use this to write lesson plans, assignments,
and exams. One feature that I need is the old style headers for the
article style. I know that the current version works if I'm using
numbered sections, etc., but for lesson plans, and other documents I
frequently use the "*"d versions, e.g., \section*, etc.

I suspect that what happens when I use these is that TexMacs generates a
header that looks like <page number> ... Section. What I'd like is
something akin to \markboth{Binary Search Trees}{Unit 2} --even better
if I could get a \hrule under this to set it off from the galley.

I see only passing references in the documentation to various variables,
etc. that I presume could be set to override the formatting routines.
But I don't know what these are. Moreover, do I need to override them in
Scheme? That's ok, I just don't have a firm understanding on what needs
to be done, by which components, and when.

If someone could point me to a document that explains all of this that
would be most helpful.

Thanks,

TomR

  • Specifying Headers, Tom Reinhardt, 11/16/2007