Re: [TeXmacs] Maxima and Texmacs

  • From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Maxima and Texmacs
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:41:27 +0600 (NOVT)

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, address@hidden wrote:
I have compiled the 1.0.6.12 version of texmacs and that of maxima 5.14.0
and also I have applied the path given by Grozin
in order to be able to use Maxima 5.14.0 from Texmacs.

But in the menu Insert->Session I do not have the the Maxima option ?
What OS (and if Linux, which distro) do you use?

Does command-line maxima run OK? Is it in the $PATH?

What happens if you run the script maxima_detect (usually it lives in /usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/)? On my computer, I get

grozin@gandalf /usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin $ ./maxima_detect
("5.14.0 sbcl"
"5.14.0 cmucl"
"5.14.0 clisp")

You should have something similar. If you get

#f

instead, this means that the script cannot find maxima.

You can try to start TeXmacs (once) as

texmacs -S

Or, more radically, you can remove the whole ~/.TeXmacs/ directory and then start TeXmacs.

Andrey