Re: [TeXmacs] Serious Document preparation?

  • From: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Serious Document preparation?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:06:45 +0100

Hello,

El Domingo, 27 de Enero de 2008, Joris van der Hoeven escribió:
> Yes, ps/eps files are best for the import, since TeXmacs natively
> creates postscript documents as output. For other image formats,
> we use standard conversion tools in order to convert to postscript.
> Of course the presence of "standard tools" may depend on your architecture,
> which means that it is sometimes better to convert to postscript yourself
> using your favourite tool on your system.

In my opinion, FIG files work quite well with TeXmacs. If I am right the main
tool you need to import them is transfig, and it should be included with xfig
or be a dependency of it. It is available for all the main distributions.

I you have latex installed, you can even include equations in the "latex way"
inside your figs. When the image is inserted or linked in TeXmacs, the
equations are rendered by latex automatically. It is an easy way to include
nice symbols and equations in figures.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es