Re: [TeXmacs] letter size preference

  • From: Robert Jerrard <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] letter size preference
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:43:28 -0700

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 21:29 +0100, Henri Lesourd wrote:
> Robert Jerrard wrote:
>
> >OK, so where does it get the default paper size setting for a new
> >document when texmacs is started with no document, i.e. the system wide
> >default?
> >

> I would say :
> [[
> Edit->Preferences->Printer->Paper type
> ]]

Sorry, I am not being clear enough. Texmacs must determine the default
paper size for the system somehow, even the very first time you use
texmacs before you have selected any preferences. Ours "knows" the paper
size is "letter" rather than A4. How does Texmacs determine what paper
size to use but default? Does it run some command system command or is
it using an environment variable or does it examine the
file /etc/papersize (on Debian this file has the word letter in it) or
what?

Sorry for the confusion and trouble, Bob
--
Dr. Robert J. Jerrard, Professor of Mathematics,
Concordia University College of Alberta,