Re: [TeXmacs] Feynman's a-slash notation

  • From: Jeremy Henty <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Feynman's a-slash notation
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:47:32 +0000

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 07:15:36PM +0800, chu-ching huang wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:47:00 +0000, Jeremy Henty wrote
> > Is there a convenient way to slash through an arbitrary character,
> > just as the key sequence = / slashes through the equals sign?
> > This would be very useful for relativistic quantum theory which
> > uses this notation all the time (eg. the Dirac operator is a
> > slashed partial-d.)
>
> [Mathematics]->[Negation] or shortcut a+n

Thanks! I should of course have searched the TeXmacs menus before
posting. I find it awkward that you have to insert the negation
before entering the character to negate; I would prefer to do it the
other way round. I suppose it wouldn't be hard to write a key binding
to do that.

Regards,

Jeremy Henty