font-base-size woes

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: font-base-size woes
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:24:26 +0100 (CET)

Hi guys,

Every time I create a new document, I would like it to default to letter
paper and font size 12. I added the following lines to my-init-buffer.scm:

(init-page-type "letter")
(init-env "font-base-size" "12")

These do the trick, but have an unintended consequence. I have created a
document whose font-base-size I manually changed to size 36 (call it
poster.tm). With those lines in my-init-buffer, whenever I open poster.tm,
TeXmacs changes the font-base-size to 12, and I need to manually change it
back to font-base-size 36. Is there any way I can fix this? I'd like it to
set font-base-size to 12 and page-type to letter ONLY when creating a new
document -- otherwise it should just respect the file's settings. Any help?
Thanks.

Kevin