Q: HOWTO: get a virtual font into TeXmacs

  • From: Jeremy Henty <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Q: HOWTO: get a virtual font into TeXmacs
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 23:47:48 +0100

I'm still trying to typeset Conway's generalized order relations and I
thought AHA!, virtual fonts! So I created a little virtual font like
this:

(virtual-font
(fuzzy (join (0 0 shortmid) (0.3 0 shortmid)))
)

and put it in ~/.TeXmacs/fonts/virtual/foo.vfn and... it doesn't work.
The <fuzzy> character still renders as the string <fuzzy>. So what
else do I need to do? I cribbed some code from
progs/fonts/fonts-math.scm like this

(set-font-rules
`(((math $s $d)
(math (math (virtual starurchin-maths-games $s $d))))))

and put it in a plugin, but it's made no difference. What am I
missing? It's annoying because I'm sure that virtual fonts are the
right way to do this, if I can get them to work.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy Henty