[TeXmacs] Re: images..

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: "el.douwen" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Re: images..
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:40:30 +0200

el.douwen wrote:

hi every body

i will use only texmacs this year, it seems to me to be the best programm to type maths
i find thought sometimes very fastidious to do simple thigns

for example, if i insert a "tableau" i cannot see how to modify the number of columns
but if i insert a "bloc" there is an icon to do this
why is there the icon in one case and not in the other case ?

Because "tableau->petit tableau" is not a table.

This is more clear in the english version, where
you have "table" (which is in fact the table in
the sense of "table inside a book", thus, it's
not a table), while the real "tables" are in
fact the "tabular" and the "block" (insert->
table->plain tabular/plain block).

Granted, this part of the UI is not clear...

today i have a question with images
according to my former mail, i use only the function "export in (ps) file" of geogebra when i want to insert an image in a document
then i use "insert>insert image..." and i have to select (fastidious), in the organigram of the hard drive, the (ps) image

my problem is: the image is to large
so when i select "insert>insert image..." i type "20" for "largeur" and "20" for "hauteur"
but then it occurs an error <error|bad postscript|20>

It's because "20" means nothing, if you write only this,
there is no unit !

For example, "20mm", "20cm", "1.5par" would be meaningful
lengths. I know for sure that there is a page somewhere
in the TeXmacs documentation about units, but of course,
it's not (obviously) understandeable how to get it from
the Help menu... yes, in fact it's at the end of the
page:
Help->Reference guide->The TeXmacs format (see section 8,
"TeXmacs lengths").

must i understand that the format of images do not work like in an html page ?

Yes: as I explained, it works in a more precise way,
by means of a unit system, while HTML images have
less units (without anything, it's pixels I guess,
and with "%", it corresponds to "par" and "pag" in
the TeXmacs unit system).

in an html page, i can insert the image i want with <a img src="image.jpg" width="20" height="20">, and the program will automatically adapt the format of the image so that it fits in an 20x20 square.

This being said, I'm not sure the TeXmacs->HTML converter
understands how to do it...

But it's quite feasible to understand the related Scheme
code, to correct it if necessary, and then send a patch
to us.

is it not the case here, so what is the utility of typing a width and a height ?

Vincent..

ps: the shortcuts do not work at all under mac os X, and i have never managed to undertand how to configurate the keyboard
does anyone have had success in remappinf the texmacs keyboard (M- H- A- etc.) under mac os X ?

P.S.: Please post to TeXmacs users, otherwise I'm the only
one to read your message (Henri)

  • [TeXmacs] Re: images.., Henri Lesourd, 08/28/2008