Re: [TeXmacs] A- meta Key

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] A- meta Key
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 17:33:23 +0200

el.douwen wrote:

hi all of you !

in
preferences>keyboard
i have affected
alt key
meta key
windows key
caps lock key

"map to A modifier"

but when i type successively all the mofiticating keys of my mac (applekey, alt key, ctrl, fn, shift, caps), plus the key "e", in order to obtain a numeroted list, i obtain nothing

can anybody explain me i according to you i have missed anything ?

i do not find in the help documents any other consideration about this topic, except the explanations of this item "map to A modifier".

I never understood clearly what all this bs with
modifiers really means. To me, I see the names written
on a keyboard, and I expect seeing these names used
in the menus, configuration panels, etc. of the software
I use (vs. some cryptico-neolithic nomenclature which
probably dates back to the ancient ages of emacs legacy
and of non-graphic, tty terminals...).

This being said, the menu entry of the operation
you want to use (e.g.: insert a bullet list) always
mentions the corresponding keyboard shortcut (if
there is one): thus another possible cause of your
problem could be simply that no shortcut at all
has ever been defined for the operation you want
to perform.