Re: [TeXmacs] A- meta Key

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: "el.douwen" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] A- meta Key
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 18:06:22 +0200

el.douwen wrote:

I never understood clearly what all this bs with
modifiers really means. To me, I see the names written
on a keyboard, and I expect seeing these names used
in the menus, configuration panels, etc. of the software
I use (vs. some cryptico-neolithic nomenclature which
probably dates back to the ancient ages of emacs legacy
and of non-graphic, tty terminals...).

This being said, the menu entry of the operation
you want to use (e.g.: insert a bullet list) always
mentions the corresponding keyboard shortcut (if
there is one): thus another possible cause of your
problem could be simply that no shortcut at all
has ever been defined for the operation you want
to perform.

thought in "text>enumerate" i see "defaut A-e"..

I see the same, and it corresponds to "Alt-e" on
my (PC + Linux) computer.

Usually, "A" equiv. "Alt", even on macs.